Monday, March 18, 2019

POEM: Mama, hear me

Mama
You look sleepless
We hardly have time like we always did
When can we stargaze?
When can you sing me a sweet lullaby?
And read me fairytales?
You have been too busy chasing life

Mama, hear me
Can you not see me here?
I crave for your love
For your attention
For your loving hands
To caress my hair
To softly pat me
You have been too busy with the world

Mama, hear me
Where are you?
I have a lot in mind
I have questions to be answered
Can you take the time to stare?
I have been miserable lately


Mama, hear me
I am sorry
I take too long to realise
You were there
To always provide
To always keep me safe
I have been too reckless, too selfish

Mama, can you hear me?
How have you been?
Do you see me down here?
I miss you
There has never been a day
I forget about you

Mama, can you hear me
I love you …

No comments:

Post a Comment